Saturday, May 31, 2014

Updates

It has been another glorious week in the woods. My posts have not been posting though. This week I've seen deer, snakes, larger snakes, huge snakes, a baby bear, cows and a lot of cool song birds and hawks and eagles. The other day we descended upon Paris! Land of baguettes lattes and French kissing. Pearisburg is a beautiful southern Virginia town. We stayed at a lovely hostel there.

Day 5- we'd- Davis trail camp- 13.6 mi
Day 6- thu- chestnut ridge pond- 19.2 mi
Day 7- fri- laurel creek- 18.6 mi
Day 8- sat- Jenny knobb shelter- 19 mi
Day 9- sun- wapiti shelter- 15.2 mi
Day 10-mon- docs knobb shelter- 9.4 mi
Day 11- tue- holy family hostel- 11 mi
Day 12- wed- 300 mile hitch hike.
Day 13-thu- Ed Garvey shelter- 8 mi
Day 14- fri- Ed Garvey shelter- 6 mi
Day 15- sat- 8 miles
Total: 191.9 miles

Hitch hiking is an art. It takes patients. It takes hiding your dread locks and your crazy. We got two rides Wednesday before this wonderful girl pulled over and said she would take us wherever we wanted to go. She was just driving. I think i fell in love instantly. The people i have met these past few weeks have rebuilt my faith in humanity. I cant wait to develop my film from my holga 35mm camera my friend Jason gave me(thanks buddy, it was light weight and fun). It has been great to let my weird hang out and have a good time with people of all ages.

Sent from my brain

No comments:

Post a Comment